Being single is the most exigent phase of your life. People who get to notice it would literally remind you how it feels like to be in love. There will be days that you will long for the kind of love they felt when in a relationship. Watching friends getting engaged, married, having kids, makes you wonder, are you too old enough or it’s just that, life does that way? You will be irked when some of your relatives and friends would try to ask you something to share your love life.
So, here are 12 reasons why you’re still single:
1. You would still want to keep the “3-month breakup rule”.
Wanting to inform your ex that you’re not the type of person who easily jumps into a new relationship or a third party that’s going on.
2. You’ve been hearing friends grumbling about their relationships sounds confusing to you, makes you feel that you’re not ready yet.
Not ready to waste time and shed any of those tears.
3. You’re into this stage wherein you’d get to discern how much time you need for yourself to grow and explore new things in life.
As of the moment, you don’t want anyone to control you with every decision in life you want to make. It’s giving alone time for yourself.
4. You haven’t moved on yet.
Still into this stage where you still expect for a closure of why things didn’t work out that way. Still, assuming that he/she will come back. Maybe, love is sweeter the second time around for you.
5. It’s either you’re in love with your best friend, co-worker, schoolmate, etc.
But, you’re not sure if they liked you too. So, you oversee to keep this “friendship” thing to avoid rejection. At least, they wouldn’t know.
6. It’s not that you’re a lesbian or whatever knowing that you are labeled as “NBSB”/”NGSB” (No Boyfriend/Girlfriend Since Birth).
As much as you would love to fall in love, or you’re willing to commit, it’s not getting there yet. You’ve tried those dating apps, blind dates from friends and all but nothing happened. I hope they’ll understand that you’re still waiting for the kind of “spark” that everyone’s talking about.
7. Someone you love had betrayed you.
You would always have this idea that people will come, make you fall in love and in just one snap they’ll leave you behind. You began to have trust issues with every person who comes into your life. In short, you’re scared that they might hurt you as well.
8. You’re busy working out with your career, school and prioritizing important stuff in life. You still don’t have so much time to be in a relationship right now.
9. You both are far away from each other.
LDR is not your thing. You would prefer to be single than to be struggling with that virtual kind of relationship.
10. You have so many qualities needed to confirm before allowing that person to date you. Trying to make sure they will fit in.
11. You keep on ignoring the person who tries to let you feel how much they care about you. Some may call you insensitive that you don’t feel what people are trying to show you.
12. After all the heartbreaks and dramas you’d want to make sure that you’ll end up with the person you’d going to marry.
No matter how long it would take, you’ll wait.
To be in love or to be in a relationship doesn’t require time. There’s no age limit nor rule where you need to push yourself to prove to them that you’re happy with your life. We create and find our own definition of happiness.
Being single is something you need to be proud of every day. It’s not that easy but I know, no one could ever compare the feeling of being in love with yourself. Love is everywhere and it does not require you to have a partner. Wait for that spark, wait for that perfect moment. And, as soon as you’re ready, I want you to stay in love with your partner, keep that spark and never forget to leave something for yourself.