In today’s blog, we go deepen our impetuous passion and curiosity for Photography and Arts. Mhar Villaester brings in another spectacular slice of his passion for us in Photography called, Abstract Body Painting. It is a body art. It’s like a tattoo. However, according to our famous friend Wikipedia, Unlike tattoo and other forms of body art, body painting is temporary, painted onto the human skin. Basically, all you need to come to this art are the following:
1. A good photographer for concepts and a fine camera for marvellous portraits
2. Choosing good painting materials, hygiene and anti-allergy to your skin.
3. A good Artist like Jaime Cais Aque Jr. in these Photos, and of course the brilliant painter, Mercy.
4. Patience in taking shots with a good background like this dark backdrop to emphasise paint and emotion.
5. Choosing what concept, poses and the combinations of colours you want to portray in the photos.
6. Projecting like a pro, embracing yourself into a different world. Your eyes are very important part of your body portrait. It should speak a thousand words to express emotions.
7. You should know about the history of Body Painting.
It says that Body painting was traditionally used in many societies to signify a person’s social status and religious beliefs. In some cultures, both men and women painted their bodies only for important social occasions, while in other cultures people wore body paint every day as a uniform to show their social status (source).