In Today’s blog, my bes Rovic Barbecho shares his Bicol trip experience that will make us WOW through his photography, trip itinerary, food, and tips! Here are the places he visited and would love to come back for more!
5. LAKE BULUSAN
4. SUMLANG LAKE
3. MT. MAYON ATV TRAIL
2. LEGAZPI HIGHWAY
1. MT. MAYON, LAHAR AND LAVA AREA
8:00 to 11: 00 ATV ( black Lava Trail, normally 2 hours but no extra charge if you exceed 2 hrs. There is a 10-minute walk to go up the black Lava and it has helipad where celebrities land for privacy reasons. You may take zip line for 300 pesos but we opted to walk back the camp.
11:00 to 12:00 lunch at Colonial Grill Daraga.
12:00: 12:30 Lignon Hill. 20 peso entrance.
12:30 to 1:00 Daraga Church. Free.
1:00 to 2:00 Cagsawa Church can’t recall if there was an entrance fee. 25 PHP I think
2:00 to 3:00 Hoyop Hoyopan cave in Camalig ( there is 300 PHP entrance max of 6. You can split the cost with other tourists.
3:00 to 4:00 Sumlang Lake with 25 pesos entrance fee
4:00 to 5:00 Kawa Kawa Hill in Ligao. Free
5:00 to 6:00 Legazpi Blvd. Free
- Albay tour is a 2-day tour to get around the whole of Albay. We had a day tour for 1,000 PHP per person. The more the cheaper.
- It is highly recommended that you take the ATV. A must in your itinerary. It best to take the Black Lava Trail. It is worth your penny I swear. It is 1800 PHP per ATV. Yeah, pricey but it was the best feeling ever I promise you.
- Take the earliest trip at 5 am or earlier if arranged ahead of time. It is very hot then when we took the trip at around 8 am.
- Guides (tour guide, ATV guide, bangkeros are trained to take pictures. Relax…. Give them your camera and they will do the job. Just pose and smile.
- You should try the sili ice cream, piningat and Bicol Express. They are all available at Colonial Grill.
- Our guide recommended a place to stay. It was 750 PHP for 2 with A.C. plus hot and cold shower. We just paid extra 300 for an extra bed as we were 3.
- If you prefer to take the ATV Summit it is 7500 PHP you’ll go up half of the Mayon grassland which will take 4 hrs going and coming back. (Itinerary credits to Pamela De Villa)